Currently celebrating our 20th year, Lima design, implement and support award winning enterprise IT infrastructure solutions and specialise in providing fully managed services to some of the UKs largest names in the private and public sectors. As a rapidly growing company, it’s an exciting time to join LIMA.
Based on the edge of Media City, we deliver exceptional infrastructure expertise spanning; on premise solutions & technical services, shared Cloud platform, data centre solutions and fully managed support services. We pride ourselves on our highly-skilled Technical Support Team who work alongside our dedicated Solutions Team and partner with businesses to ensure their IT is in safe hands.
About the role
Working as a key member of the Network Team within Lima’s Service Desk, we are looking for a CCNA certified professional who can provide 2nd/3rd support and escalation for LAN and data centre networking, firewall/security and wireless issues and who is skilled in investigating problems and providing root cause analysis, where required.
You will already have in-depth specialist skills gained through extensive support experience, ideally within the MSP sector, you will know the importance of great customer service and adapting to changing priorities.
We are looking for someone with strong troubleshooting methodology, great communication skills, excellent time management and therefore be able to work to deadlines and multiple SLAs across a number of incidents.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return Lima will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development. You will have the opportunity to support large and complex bespoke and innovative network environments where availability and uptime is key. As well as working with one of the best networking teams in Manchester (As reported by our clients and us!). We’ll even give you your birthday off!
Essential Skills and Experience
• Strong hands on experience with Nexus (NX OS) and Catalyst (IOS) configuration.
• Strong knowledge with network protocols and architecture (DHCP, DNS, STP, LAN, WAN, WLAN, VLAN, etc.)
• Experience with VPN technologies and the ability to troubleshoot IPSec VPN at phase 1 & 2
• CCNA certified
• Strong Cisco ASA experience
• Experience of troubleshooting Layer 2 & 3 issues
• Experience of packet sniffing (Wireshark, SPAN, RSPAN)
• Understanding of VMware networking (vSwitch/distributed vSwitch)
• Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Understanding of ITIL methodology.
Desired Skills and Experience
• CCNP R&S/Security certified or working towards
• Knowledge of routing protocols and WAN architecture (BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VRF etc.)
• Experience supporting the following technologies:
• Exposure to Virtualisation technologies including VMware and Hyper-V
• Exposure to Storage connectivity and storage protocols such as ISCS, NFS and CIFS.
• Experience supporting Software Defined Networking Technologies