2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
Full Time, Permanent
LIMA is a leading provider of IT Solutions to UK businesses, from data centre solutions to end user devices.
We pride ourselves in delivering an expansive scope of best of breed vendor products and services which span on premise infrastructure solutions & technical services, Cloud Services and fully Managed Support Services.
We have a simple but highly effective and proven proposition; we focus on our customers’ desired business outcome from the outset, designing solutions with our customers and providing them with visibility and control at all times, backed up by a service commitment to end to end accountability.
Working as a key member of our team within LIMA’s Service Desk, we are looking for an established 2nd line support engineer who can confidently provide incident investigation, root cause analysis, act as a point of escalation, and who is keen to progress to 3rd line over time.
Whether you have been to university, completed an apprenticeship or trained on the job, we don’t mind but you must be a fast learner with hunger and ambition to increase your knowledge and provide great customer service. You will have a keen understanding of how to assess the priority of an incident, how to troubleshoot a case and when to ask for further assistance. We are a fast moving managed service provider so you will need to be confident, keen and calm under pressure.
Ideally, you will also have had experience in the following technologies: Active directory, Citrix, VMware, Exchange and Veeam. You will be comfortable speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and you will be happy to ask senior team members for assistance in order to ensure SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development including potential progression to one of our specialist teams; apps, networks, infrastructure, monitoring, solutions or installations. You will have the opportunity to support large and complex bespoke and innovative network environments where availability and uptime is key. As well as working with one of the best teams in Manchester (as reported by our clients and us!), we will even give you your birthday off!
Skills and Experience
- Service desk experience (beyond end user support)
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Understanding of ITIL methodology
- Experience supporting the following technologies: Citrix, Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008/2012, Microsoft Group policy, Remote desktop services/Terminal services 2008/2012, Microsoft certificate services 2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016, Office 365, Citrix XenApp\Fundamentals 5/6, Citrix XenApp\Desktop 7.x (Including Studio, pvs, Storefront,Director)
- Managed Service Provider service desk experience
- Microsoft MCSA 2008/2012
- Citrix CCA-V or CCP-V
- ITIL Foundation certification
Cycle to work scheme
Birthdays off as a paid holiday
Weekly fresh fruit delivery
Quarterly social events