3rd line MSP Service Desk Engineer: Applications Team
Working as a key member of our Applications team within LIMA's Service Desk, we are looking for a 3rd line support engineer who can confidently provide incident investigation, root cause analysis and act as a point of escalation and technical mentoring to more junior members of the team.
We are a fast moving managed service provider so you’ll need to be confident, keen and calm under pressure. You will be committed to providing great customer service and acting as a key team member.
Ideally you will also have had experience in the following technologies: Active directory, Citrix, VMware, Exchange and Veeam. You will be confident speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and you’ll be happy to ask senior team members for assistance in order to ensure SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development including potential progression to one of our specialist teams; networks, infrastructure, monitoring, solutions or installations. You will have the opportunity to support large and complex bespoke and innovative network environments where availability and uptime is key. As well as working with one of the best teams in Manchester (as reported by our clients and us!), we’ll even give you your birthday off!
Skills and Experience
- 3rd line service desk experience (beyond end user support)
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Understanding of ITIL methodology
- Experience supporting the following technologies: Citrix, Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008/2012, Microsoft Group policy, Remote desktop services/Terminal services 2008/2012, Microsoft certificate services 2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016, Office 365, Citrix XenApp\Fundamentals 5/6, Citrix XenApp\Desktop 7.x (Including Studio,pvs,Storefront,Director)
- Managed Service Provider service desk experience
- Microsoft MCSA 2008/2012
- Citrix CCA-V or CCP-V
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Team leader/mentoring experience
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line.