3rd line Citrix Specialist Support Engineer
Working as a key member of our Applications team within Lima’s Service Desk, we are looking for an experienced 3rd line Citrix specialist who can confidently provide incident investigation, root cause analysis, system optimisation, a detailed understanding of Citrix policies and Active Directory policies for a Citrix environment as well as acting as a point of escalation and technical mentor to more junior members of the team. You may also have had experience in VMware, Exchange and Veeam.
You will be confident speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and happy to provide assistance to junior team members in order to ensure SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs. We are a fast moving managed service provider so you’ll need to be keen and calm under pressure and committed to providing great customer service and acting as a key team member.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return Lima will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development. You will have the opportunity to support large and complex bespoke and innovative infrastructure environments where availability and uptime is key. As well as working with one of the best teams in Manchester (as reported by our clients and us!), we’ll even give you your birthday off!
- Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge and skills of technologies and products in the area of specialisation.
- Work closely and proactively with Technical Solution Architects on assigned client engagements to deliver client solutions.
- Maintain a high level of quality, Integrity and excellence throughout the client’s solution engagement.
- Produce high quality build and configuration documentation as part of a solutions’ deployment within agreed timescales.
- Ability to deploy Solution Proof of Concepts (POC).
- Handover of deployed solutions to LIMA Networks Service Desk.
- Responsibility of the assigned technical solution deployment adhering to LIMA Networks’ Infrastructure Deployment Methodology.
- Responsibility for providing regular and timely updates to the assigned Technical Solutions Architect /Project Manager as per LIMA Networks Infrastructure Deployment Methodology.
- Provide technical assistance of escalated complex support cases.
Skills and Experience
Proven experience supporting medium to large Citrix XenDesktop 7.x and XenApp 7.x Solutions (100+ users) including XenDesktop Controllers, Storefront Servers, Provisioning Services, NetScaler load balancing and Access Gateway
Detailed understanding of Citrix policies and Active Directory policies for a Citrix environment
Hands on experience supporting Citrix User Profile Manager
Strong knowledge and hands on experience supporting Citrix
Provisioning Services vDisk versioning and/or MCS provisioning
Hands on experience using XenDesktop Director
Knowledge of VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualisation.
Hands on experience in rolling out Citrix Published desktops and applications to user groups.
Knowledge of supporting centralised deployment and configuration of thin client devices.
Strong hands on experience supporting Active directory services and Microsoft Infrastructure services for a Citrix deployment.
Experience managing and supporting Citrix XenMobile and Citrix Sharefile
Experience managing and supporting Microsoft App-V
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualisation (CCA-V)
Citrix Certified Professional- Virtualisation (CCP-V)
Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (CCA-N)
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com referencing the job title in the subject line.