Monitoring Engineer (1st Line)
As a vital addition to our specialist Monitoring Team, you will be the very definition of pro-active personified. Working with a rapidly expanding customer base, we are looking for someone dynamic to grow with our team. You will be responsible for proactively monitoring a wide range of customer based technologies using both NOC and Security specialised monitoring. Working closely and building relationships with our customers you will be both discovering and preventing potential issues within their environment, with a view to minimising down time and loss of productivity.
Whether you’ve been to university, completed an apprenticeship or trained on the job, we don’t mind but you must be a fast learner with a strong ambition to increase your knowledge and provide great customer service. You might not yet have experience of all of the different technologies that we support (though a good range will be advantageous), but you will have a keen understanding of how to assess the priority of an incident, how to troubleshoot a case and when to ask for further assistance. We are a fast moving managed service provider so you’ll need to be confident, keen and calm under pressure.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development. You will have the opportunity to support large and complex bespoke and innovative network environments where availability and uptime is key. As well as working with one of the best teams in Manchester (as reported by our clients and us!), we’ll even give you your birthday off!
Essential Skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and listening
- Strong awareness of common networking and business technologies
- Process driven with a good understanding of ITIL and Change Management processes
- High level attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks
- Analytical mind, able to connect multiple sets of data to assess health of customer networks
- Ability to create great working relationships with customers to provide an excellent customer experience
- Previous experience of working in a support desk environment
- Previously worked with any monitoring technologies (Solarwinds, Logic Monitor, Zabbix, Nagios, Spiceworks)
- Hands on experience with any of the following technologies. Servers (Windows, Linux), Storage (NetApp, Equallogic, Compellent), Hypervisors (Hyper-V, VMware, XenServer) Switches (Cisco, HP), Routers and Firewalls (Sonicwall, Watchguard, ASA), server hardware (HP, Dell and modular infrastructure such as Cisco UCS, Dell VRTX
- Security incident investigation and remediation experience
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line.