Senior Infrastructure Consultant
As a Senior Infrastructure Consultant, you will be responsible for the deployment of Datacentre Converged, Hyper Converged and Cloud based Infrastructure solutions as part of a client’s solutions engagement in accordance with LIMA’s Storage and virtualisation Infrastructure Deployment Methodology.
This role requires in depth knowledge and proven experience of deploying medium to large size Virtualisation, storage, Converged and Hyper-Converged solutions across private and public cloud environments along with required Infrastructure services and integration. A good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services are also desirable.
This role forms part of the Technical Solutions delivery team which strives to maintain start to finish excellence and integrity of the solution. You will be part of a fast growing Solutions team striving to deliver high quality and innovative solutions with outstanding customer experience and provide a point of technical escalation for other members of the Infrastructure practice.
A Senior Infrastructure Consultant has in depth skills and experience within the area of specialisation with a strong passion and will to progress and develop his/her skills and experience.
- Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge and skills of technologies and products in the area of specialisation.
- Work closely and proactively with Technical Solution Architects and Project Managers on assigned client engagements to deliver client solutions.
- Maintain a high level of quality, Integrity and excellence throughout the client’s solution engagement.
- Produce high quality Low Level Design (LLD) and configuration documentation as part of a solutions’ deployment within agreed timescales.
- Ability to deploy Solution Proof of Concepts (POC).
- Handover of deployed solutions to LIMA Networks support team.
- Responsibility of the assigned technical solution deployment adhering to LIMA’s Storage & Virtualisation Infrastructure deployment Methodology.
- Responsibility for providing regular and timely updates to the assigned Project Manager as per LIMA’s Solutions Deployment Methodology.
- Provide technical assistance of escalated complex support cases.
- Assist the Project Management Office with the creation of Scope of Works (SOW) and Project Plans
- Adhere to LIMA Change Management procedures.
- Assist with the development of new product and solution ideas of part of LIMA’s Innovation strategy.
- Provide a point of technical escalation for other members of the Infrastructure Practice.
- Take an active role in LIMA’s Change Advisory Board.
- NetApp Certified Data Administrator – CDOT (NCDA-CDOT)
- VMware Certified Professional - VCP-DCV
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer CDOT (NCIE-SAN)
- NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer CDOT (NCIE-Backup)
- Flexpod Implementation and Administration Specialist.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - DataCentre (CCNA-DC)
- Minimum of 1-2 years proven experience deploying the following Infrastructure solutions:
o Deployment of Converged Infrastructure solutions.
o Deployment of Flexpod Infrastructure (NetApp CDOT / Cisco UCS)
o Deployment of HP/Cisco UCS servers (Proliant and Proliant Blades, Cisco B and C Series)
o Deployment of NetApp CDOT / All Flash FAS and E-Series Storage Systems.
o Deployment of VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V virtualisation solutions.
o Deployment and configuration of Disaster Recovery solutions such as VMware SRM and Veeam.
o Storage platform migration and upgrades.
o Configuration of Storage protocols such as FC, FCOE, ISCSI, NFS and CIFS
o Deployment and configuration of highly available virtualisation platforms across multiple Datacentres.
o Configuration of storage replication and multisite storage deployments.
- Strong understanding of storage protocols and storage networking in an enterprise deployment.
- Hands on knowledge with Cisco Nexus and Cisco UCS manager configuration.
- Experience of Software Defined Networking solutions such as VMware NSX.
- Experience of integrating and deploying infrastructure solutions within Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent customer facing and presentation skills.
- Strong experience of working within the Prince2 framework as part of project delivery.
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line.