Senior Networking & Security Infrastructure Consultant
Full Time, Permanent
As a Senior Networking & Security Infrastructure Consultant, you will be responsible for the deployment of networking infrastructure technologies as part of a client’s solution engagement in accordance with LIMA’s Network Solution Deployment Methodology.
This role requires in depth knowledge and proven experience of deploying datacenter, edge, WAN, wireless networking technologies focused around Cisco, Meraki, VMware and HP product sets. A good knowledge and understanding of Watchguard and Palo Alto technologies are also desirable.
This role forms part of the Technical Solutions delivery team which strives to maintain start to finish excellence and integrity of the solution. You will be part of a fast growing Solutions team striving to deliver high quality and innovative solutions with outstanding customer experience and provide a point of technical escalation for other members of the Networking and Security practice.
A Senior Network Infrastructure Consultant has in depth skills and experience within the area of specialisation and with strong passion and will to progress and develop his/her skills and experience. The individual is self-motivated with a focus on continuous development in line with LIMA’s technical product strategy.
- Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge and skills of technologies and products in the area of specialisation
- Work closely and proactively with Technical Solution Architects and Project Managers on assigned client engagements to deliver client solutions
- Maintain a high level of quality, Integrity and excellence throughout the client’s solution engagement
- Produce high quality Low Level Design (LLD) and configuration documentation as part of a solutions’ deployment within agreed timescales
- Ability to deploy Solution Proof of Concepts (POC)
- Handover of deployed solutions to LIMA Networks support team
- Responsibility of the assigned technical solution deployment adhering to LIMA’s Network Infrastructure deployment Methodology
- Responsibility for providing regular and timely updates to the assigned Project Manager as per LIMA’s Solutions Deployment Methodology
- Provide technical assistance of escalated complex support cases
- Assist the Project Management Office with the creation of Scope of Works (SOW) and Project Plans
- Adhere to LIMA Change Management procedures
- Assist with the development of new product and solution ideas of part of LIMA’s Innovation strategy
- Provide a point of technical escalation for other members of the Networking & Security Practice
- Take an active role in LIMA’s Change Advisory Board
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - Routing & Switching
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - Cloud
- Cisco Certified Network Professional – Datacenter
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years proven experience deploying the following networking and security infrastructure solutions:
o Deployment of Cisco Nexus and Catalyst series switches (NX-OS & IOS)
o Deployment of HP Aruba series switches
o Deployment of Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls
o Deployment of Watchguard with Advanced Security firewalls
o Deployment of Cisco Meraki switches, firewalls and wireless devices
o Deployment of Sophos Network protection technologies
- The ability to complete maintenance and firmware upgrade activities on all technologies listed above.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, RIP & EIGRP)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Layer 1-2 technologies (STP, LACP, Etherchannel, CDP, LLDP)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure Services (DHCP, DNS, NTP)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure Management (ICMP, SNMP)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure Security (VLANs, ACLs, RADIUS)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Firewall security
- Strong knowledge and understanding of MPLS, VPN and resilient WAN technologies
- Strong knowledge of QoS technologies
- Previous experience of working in a solution provider environment is highly desirable
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
- Strong experience of working within the Prince2 framework as part of project delivery
- Experience of working in an ITIL based technical environment.
- Consistent ability to appropriately escalate technical problems and issues
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment with the capability to meet strict deadlines
- Some commercial awareness within the context of project delivery with particular emphasis on consistently achieving deadlines and the impact of failing to do so
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Quarterly social events