Infrastructure Engineer - Messaging and Collaboration
A Microsoft Infrastructure Engineer (Messaging and Collaboration) is responsible for the deployment of Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Skype for Business solutions as part of a client’s solutions engagement in accordance with LIMA’s Infrastructure Deployment Methodology.
This role requires in depth knowledge and proven experience of deploying and migrating medium to large size Microsoft Exchange messaging platforms including migration from Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 to Exchange 2016 as well as Office 365 environments
This role forms part of the technical solutions delivery team which strives to maintain start to finish excellence and integrity of the solutions.
An Infrastructure Engineer has in depth skills and experience within the area of specialisation and with strong passion and will to progress and develop his/her skills and experience.
- Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge and skills of technologies and products in the area of specialisation.
- Work closely and proactively with Technical Solution Architects on assigned client engagements to deliver client solutions.
- Maintain a high level of quality, Integrity and excellence throughout the client’s solution engagement.
- Produce high quality build and configuration documentation as part of a solutions’ deployment within agreed timescales.
- Ability to deploy Solution Proof of Concepts (POC).
- Handover of deployed solutions to LIMA Networks Service Desk.
- Responsibility of the assigned technical solution deployment adhering to LIMA Networks’ Infrastructure Deployment Methodology.
- Responsibility for providing regular and timely updates to the assigned Technical Solutions Architect /Project Manager as per LIMA Networks Infrastructure Deployment Methodology.
- Provide technical assistance of escalated complex support cases.
Skills and Experience
Proven experience deploying High availability Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013 and 2016 solutions including CAS arrays, DAGs and load balancers (Kemp, NetScaler).
Proven experience migrating exchange platforms from Exchange 2003/2007/2010 to Exchange 2013/2016.
Strong knowledge and understanding of on-premise and cloud email routing and security.
Proven experience in configuring email protocols and mobile access / Active sync.
In-depth knowledge and detailed understanding of Microsoft Server operating systems (2003-2016)
Strong Active directory multi-site domain deployment and migration.
Solid knowledge and understanding of Active Directory group policy configuration.
Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Infrastructure services including DNS, DHCP, ADFS.
The ability to work in a dynamic environment with the capability to meet deadlines
- Proven experience deploying Microsoft Skype for business solutions including integration with Microsoft Exchange/Office 365 and Windows Clients.
- Experience in deployment and migration of email services to Office 365 platform including on premise integration.
- Hands on experience with the deployment of Azure networking, Active Directory and virtual machine solutions
- MCTS Exchange 2010 / 2013
- MCSA Windows Server 2012
- MCSE Messaging
- MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator
- MCSE Server Infrastructure
- Microsoft Azure/365 certifications
- Driving licence – preferably clean
- Positive, can do attitude
- Strong inter personal skills
- Dynamic and Flexible
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com referencing the job title in the subject line.