Head of Service Desk
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Full Time, Permanent
LIMA design, implement and support award winning enterprise IT infrastructure solutions and specialise in providing fully managed services to some of the UKs largest names in the private and public sectors. As a rapidly growing company, it’s an exciting time to join LIMA.
Based on the edge of Media City, we deliver exceptional infrastructure expertise spanning on premise solutions and technical services, shared Cloud platform, data centre solutions and fully managed support services. We pride ourselves on our highly-skilled Service Desk who work to ensure our customers’ IT is in safe hands.
As Head of Service Desk you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the Service Desk of 1st,2nd and 3rd line support and service functions, responsible for providing ProActive and ReActive support and monitoring services to LIMA’s customers.
- Hands on experience in customer facing IT Managed Service and support with a proven track record of building, developing and managing service delivery and support teams
- Evidenced based experience of effective process and people management
- Passion for delivering exceptional service
- Strong level of commercial acumen
- Experience of identifying opportunities for efficiency, cost reduction and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills
- Solid technical understanding of Converged Infrastructure, Storage, Networking and Virtualisation
- Service Strategy and Design capabilities
- Ability to manage high pressure customer situations and build trust with the customers
- Ability to manage and communicate with customers up to senior level.
- Ability to set strategy for outsource services in the context of business strategy
- Certified Service Management ITIL Version 3 (preferable)
- Strong understanding and experience with ISO 20000 is preferred
About the role
Provide leadership and direction to the service delivery and service management function ensuring appropriate and robust service management and review frameworks are in place to deliver services in line with ITIL standards
Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPIs, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond to customer feedback on areas of improvement
Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
Instil a high performance culture in the team with focus on team work, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues
Manage Service Delivery to ensure new customers are on-boarded with seamless handover and transition into ‘live’ service
Set and cascade business objectives and targets to the team and ensure that staff are performing to target expectations
Ensure teams are skilled, trained and developed to enable them to deliver high quality service and support
Develop strategic partnerships alongside LIMA’s Vendor Alliance Manager with third party support providers and vendor support providers to effectively triage and escalate incidents appropriately
Take responsibility for customer escalations and act as a point of escalation both in and out of hours as required
Manage the ongoing operation, maintenance and monitoring of LIMA Cloud Services Platform to ensure uptime in compliance with SLA
Adhere to ISO 27001 security principals and standards in line with LIMA’s security policies
- To ensure monthly, quarterly and annual plans are agreed to optimise the capacity and management of resources
- Identify and implement change within the team to ensure it can take on new service offerings
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Quarterly social events