1st/2rd line MSP
Service Desk Engineer
Working as a key member of our First Response team within LIMA's Service Desk, we are looking for a dynamic and motivated team member who can provide 1st/2nd line support and who is skilled in investigating problems and providing root cause analysis, where required.
Whether you’ve been to university, completed an apprenticeship or trained on the job, we don’t mind but you must be a fast learner with a strong ambition to increase your knowledge and provide great customer service. You might not yet have experience of all of the different technologies that we support (though a good range will be advantageous), but you will have a keen understanding of how to assess the priority of an incident, how to troubleshoot a case and when to ask for further assistance. We are a fast moving managed service provider so you’ll need to be confident, keen and calm under pressure.
Ideally you will also have had experience in the following technologies: Active directory, Citrix, VMware, Exchange and Veeam. You will be comfortable speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and you’ll be happy to ask senior team members for assistance in order to ensure SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development including potential progression to one of our specialist teams; apps, networks, infrastructure, monitoring, solutions or installations. You will have the opportunity to support large and complex bespoke and innovative network environments where availability and uptime is key. As well as working with one of the best teams in Manchester (as reported by our clients and us!), we’ll even give you your birthday off!
Essential Skills and Experience
- Service desk experience (beyond end user support)
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Understanding of ITIL methodology
- Experience supporting one or more of the following: Citrix, Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008/2012, Microsoft Group policy, Remote desktop services/Terminal services 2008/2012, Microsoft certificate services 2008/2012, Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016, Office 365, Citrix XenApp\Fundamentals 5/6, Citrix XenApp\Desktop 7.x (Including Studio,pvs,Storefront,Director)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Managed Service Provider service desk experience
- Microsoft MCSA 2008/2012
- Citrix CCA-V or CCP-V
- ITIL Foundation certification
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com referencing the job title in the subject line.