Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer
LIMA’s Infrastructure Monitoring Engineer role is focused on proactively monitoring our customers’ infrastructure to prevent major incidents and avoidable downtime. It requires hands-on experience and exposure to latest technologies such as Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, NetApp, VmWare, Hyper-V, Azure, AWS, Cisco, HP and Meraki.
About LIMA Networks
LIMA is a leading provider of IT Solutions to UK businesses, from data centre solutions to end user devices.
We pride ourselves in delivering an expansive scope of best of breed vendor products and services which span on premise infrastructure solutions & technical services, Cloud Services and fully Managed Support Services.
We have a simple but highly effective and proven proposition; we focus on our customers’ desired business outcome from the outset, designing solutions with our customers and providing them with visibility and control at all times, backed up by a service commitment to end to end accountability.
LIMA was established in 1997 and is now one of the leading award winning independent businesses in the industry.
Skills and Experience
- Administration of LogicMonitor or a similar monitoring tool
- Ability to work with a team
- Customer service skills both on phone and face-to-face
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Able to communicate with Customers, Vendors and Colleagues
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems, Server 2008/2012 and Windows 7/8/10
- Networking knowledge (LAN, WAN, Wireless
- Microsoft Exchange Server knowledge
- Knowledge of cloud environment such as Azure and AWS
- Administration and Support Experience of Networking Technologies including vendors such as
o Watchguard Firewalls
o HP Network devices
o Cisco Firewalls / Switches
- Knowledge of Virtualisation Technologies including VmWare and Hyper-V
- Understanding of Storage Solutions including both SAN and NAS
- Knowledge of ITIL standards
- Proactive monitoring of customers’ infrastructure
- Incidents logging and escalation
- Onboarding new customers on to the monitoring platform
- Working as part of the Support Team to assist in resolving cases
- Assisting other members of the technical team
- Identifying projects / sales opportunities from analysing trends
- Provide different levels of monitoring to Lima’s customers
- Continuous improvement of the monitoring service
- Monitoring projects implementation
- Relevant technical experience
- Self- motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Outgoing friendly character, polite and professional
- Ambitious and self- driven
- Fast learner
To apply please email your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line.