Established 1st Line Engineer
LIMA have been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services across a range of sectors and industries. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with some of the leading vendors in the world to deliver outstanding solutions to the SME market.
We are entering the next exciting phase of growth having recently defined a new strategy, restructured at Board level and taken on external investment which has led to this defined role that will be instrumental in helping us achieve our goals.
Working as a key member of the LIMA’s Service Desk, we are looking for an experienced 1st Line Service Desk Engineer who can confidently provide event and incident investigation across a broad range of on premises and cloud technologies. Dealing with customer requests via the telephone, email and cloud portal you will have strong technical and customer service focus.
You will be confident speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and happy to assist team members in order to ensure SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs. We are a fast-moving managed service provider, so you’ll need to be keen and calm under pressure. You will also need to be committed to providing great customer service and acting as a key team member. You will be part of an enhanced on-call rotation, providing 1st line and escalation services to LIMA’s 24/7 Customers.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offering a clear progression path for your future and career development. You will have the opportunity to support large and complex bespoke and innovative infrastructure environments, where availability and uptime is key.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Incident logging, resolution and escalation using ConnectWise Manage.
- Communicate with our customer base via telephone, email and portal.
- Working as part of the Service Desk Team to assist in resolving cases.
- Work efficiently to continually meet and deliver on our Service SLA and KPI metrics.
- Participate in the on-call 24x7 rota.
- Update internal documentation.
- Identify continual service improvements.
- User administration in Active Directory and Azure Active Directory
- iSCSI, NAS, CiFS storage configuration.
- VMware and Hyper-V administration skills.
- Windows Server administration skills.
- End User Computing (Citrix/RDS) skill.
- Strong customer service skills.
- ITIL Framework knowledge.
This job description is not exhaustive; you may be expected to carry out additional duties as required to.
- Pension Scheme LIMA 3% contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO
- Individual training plans
- Well-being days
- Employee suggestion portal
- Quarterly/monthly/yearly employee awards