3rd Line Application Engineer
LIMA have been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services across a range of sectors and industries. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with some of the leading vendors in the world to deliver outstanding solutions to the SME market.
We are entering the next exciting phase of growth having recently defined a new strategy, restructured at Board level and taken on external investment which has led to this defined role that will be instrumental in helping us achieve our goals.
Working as a key member of our Applications team within LIMA’s Service Desk, we are looking for an experienced 3rd line Engineer who can confidently provide incident investigation, root cause analysis, system optimisation, a detailed understanding of On-Premise Exchange/Office 365/Azure as well as acting as a point of escalation and technical mentor to more junior members of the team. You may also have had experience in VMware and Veeam.
You will be confident speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and happy to aid junior team members in order to ensure SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs. We are a fast-moving managed service provider, so you’ll need to be keen and calm under pressure. You will also need to be committed to providing great customer service and acting as a key team member. You will be part of an enhanced on-call rotation, providing secondary escalation within your Technology Vertical to LIMA’s 24/7 Customers.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offering a clear progression path for your future and career development. You will have the opportunity to support large and complex bespoke and innovative infrastructure environments, where availability and uptime is key.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
You will undertake a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
- Provide Comprehensive and High-Level Technical Assistance to complex support cases.
- Work efficiently to continually meet and deliver on our Service SLA and KPI metrics
- Provide an excellent level of customer service to exceed our customer expectations
- Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge and skills of technologies and products in the area of specialisation.
- Work with our ProActive customer base to ensure their environments are running optimally and securely
- Delivery of release management to our more complex environments
- Be a Subject Matter Expert during Service Transition to enable efficient and effective handover to Service either from our Solutions Team or direct from Customer.
- Adhere to LIMA Change Management procedures, and actively participate in Change Advisory Board.
- Document and share complex fixes within the Service Desk.
- Work closely with our Cloud Team to support and maintain our Private Cloud Services
- Assist with the development of new product and solution ideas of part of LIMA’s Innovation strategy
- Provide a point of technical escalation for other members of the EUC Practice
This job description is not exhaustive; you may be expected to carry out additional duties as required to.
- Pension Scheme LIMA 3% contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO
- Individual training plans
- Well-being days
- Employee suggestion portal
- Quarterly/monthly/yearly employee awards