Cloud Platform Consultant
We’re recruiting for a Cloud Platform Consultant, a new role that will be responsible for initial consulting projects and the ongoing optimisation of our customers’ on-premise, public and private cloud services, including cost, performance, availability and recoverability.
Here at LIMA, we’ve been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with market-leading vendors to deliver first-class solutions to the SME market. We’re entering an exciting phase of growth having received significant investment, restructured at Board level, and defined a new strategy. We’re going from strength to strength and are looking to invest in our Technical Team with this new role.
Reporting to the Head of Technology this will be a key role in LIMA’s Cloud optimisation and Proactive support function. You will have a deep understanding of a customer’s environment being able to make technical recommendations to drive increased value, cost reduction, service improvements, better utilisation and greater benefit from the technologies and services provided by LIMA. Working with a broad team including service and insightmonitoring engineers, Presales Architects, Customer Success Managers and Account Directors you will identify, implement and share recommendations, optimisations and trends that provide exceptional insight for the customer and align to the strategic partnership values between LIMA and the customer.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing best practice in the ongoing BAU operations of the technologies LIMA provides to its customers.
- Analysing key metrics across LIMA’s monitoring and customer insight platforms to identify trends, areas of improvements and implement predictive remediation activities.
- Supporting the Platform Insight and Monitoring teams to develop best practice monitoring configurations for LIMA’s technologies and services.
- Creating, refining, implementing, documenting and maintaining fit for purpose optimisation policies and processes, based on ITIL principles, for the purpose of driving improved value from LIMA’s service contracts.
- Championing optimisation processes and tools. Ensuring that optimisation and proactive principles, processes and tools are established and adhered to. Educating teams in their use by demonstrating best practice as well as training and information dissemination to other stakeholders.
- Supporting, managing, optimising and maintaining LIMA’s Cloud platform to support our Infrastructure, Backup and DR as a Service offerings.
- Delivering and supporting LIMA’s BaaS and DRaaS including necessary test restores, disaster recovery tests and the necessary supporting documentation (excluding incident management).
- Supporting, managing and optimising customers’ Azure and AWS environments in the areas of tenancy, security, audit, capacity and performance management as well as service innovation.
- Identifying, recommending and implementing financial optimisation recommendations for LIMA’s customers who consume private and public cloud services.
- Developing, refining and documenting automation procedures for LIMA and Public cloud services to drive quality and standardisation of onboarding, offboarding and BAU management activities.
- Analysing LIMA’s Proactive customers’ Incident patterns in order to identify problems in accordance with ITIL Problem management standards, providing well documented recommendations to service teams for resolution.
- Analysing technical architecture of systems and applications to understand dependencies, points of failure, impacts, and external and internal interfaces, to provide recommendations for systems and infrastructure.
- Developing and producing bespoke Capacity Management reports and recommendations for customer and LIMA platforms.
- Identification and resolution of significant events within platforms.
- Supporting the wider customer account team in providing clear and structured recommendations, delivered areas of improvement, efficiencies and incident avoidance.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- A strong drive to deliver continuous improvement for our customers.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical systems built from many separate software and hardware components, including cloud services.
- Evidence of cloud cost management or similar activities across medium to large organisations or similar MSPs to LIMA.
- An extremely good technical understanding of working within an MSP environment with multiple technologies, the technological dependencies and the effect this has on other parts of the environment.
- Strong knowledge of application, system and infrastructure monitoring principles and practice.
- A broad technical understanding of all LIMA’s products and services.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Azure/AWS architecture.
- Strong knowledge of security, auditing, identity and provisioning best practices for public cloud.
- In depth knowledge of infrastructure hardware platforms.
- Commercially astute; able to converse with customers about business plans, operations and applications in the context of their infrastructure.
Ideally, we’d also like you to have:
- Experience optimising business and technical processes.
- Technical accreditations or demonstratable experience in working with Infrastructure solutions that include the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft 365
- SQL server
- VMware vSphere
- NetApp or equivalent storage technology
- Enterprise Networking technology
- AWS & Associated DevOps toolsets
- Monitoring Platforms
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO