Established second line engineer
LIMA have been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services across a range of sectors and industries. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with some of the leading vendors in the world to deliver outstanding solutions to the SME market.
We are entering the next exciting phase of growth having recently defined a new strategy, restructured at Board level and taken on external investment which has led to this defined role that will be instrumental in helping us achieve our goals.
You will have had strong experience in multiple of the following technologies: Active directory, Citrix, VMware, Exchange, Veeam and potentially some NAS/SAN with the ability to progress the majority of tickets to completion. You will be comfortable speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and confident to ask senior team members for assistance in order to ensure customer SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development including potential progression to one of our specialist teams; apps, networks, infrastructure, monitoring, solutions or installations.
The second line support team receives incidents that cannot be resolved immediately by first line. If required second line will request and perform remote diagnostic tasks with vendor support organisations, or from internal third line resources. The primary objective of the role of second line is to restore a failing/failed service as quickly as possible with a secondary objective of assisting first liners in their duties. If no resolution to an incident can be performed it is the responsibility of the second line team to escalate the incident to the relevant internal or external team. 30% of calls should be resolved here.
Skills and experience:
- Proven experience in a 2nd line support role.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Understanding of ITIL methodology.
- Strong experience supporting, and potentially certification, in one or more of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows Server (all versions all aspects), Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Veeam Backup and Replication, VMware ESXi, Office 365 Administration, Citrix XenAppFundamentals 5/6, Citrix XenAppDesktop 7.x (Including Studio, PVS, Storefront,Director), Cisco or HP networking devices, ISP support.
- Strong Managed Service Provider service desk experience.
- Associate and/or Professional level certification in one or more fields. Cisco networking/Virtualisation/Microsoft applications etc.
- ITIL Foundation certification aware.
Typical duties include:
- Point of escalation for the 1st line team, and provide BAU 2nd line support via telephone, email and customer portal across all technology streams.
- Overflow point for telephone calls in the event of a busy/undermanned desk (undermanned as in early/late shift).
- Fast response, resolution or escalation of incidents with an emphasis on customer service.
- Medium ticket life expectancy.
- Informal mentoring/training of 1st line support teams.
- Maintain/update documentation in IT Glue for passwords etc.
- Conduct further investigation against the requirement for support for clients.
- Identify underlining support trends and suggest permanent fixes to eradicate repeat faults from occurring.
- Contribute to the MIM/RCA process.
- Creation and approval of RFCs.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards.
- On-call function.
- Pension Scheme LIMA
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO
- Individual training plans
- Well-being days
- Employee suggestion portal
- Quarterly/monthly/yearly employee awards