First line end user support
LIMA have been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services across a range of sectors and industries. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with some of the leading vendors in the world to deliver outstanding solutions to the SME market.
We are entering the next exciting phase of growth having recently defined a new strategy, restructured at Board level and taken on external investment which has led to this defined role that will be instrumental in helping us achieve our goals.
The responsibility of first line end user support is to register, categorise and prioritise tickets received from the customer and to undertake immediate action in order to restore a failing/failed service as quickly as possible by either intervention or escalation. Where no immediate resolution can be performed it is the responsibility of the first line end user compute team to escalate the incident to the relevant internal or external team.
You will demonstrate a strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. Supporting all aspects of our end user customers from desktop/laptop remote diagnostics, application configuration and troubleshooting, and operating system optimisations you will be the primary contact point for the end user compute team.
In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development including potential progression to one of our specialist teams; apps, networks, infrastructure, monitoring, solutions or installations.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a 1st line support role
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with non-technical customers.
- Understanding of ITIL methodology.
- Experience supporting client compute devices (desktop and laptop device, tablets and mobile phones).
- Experience supporting Windows Client Operating systems (Windows 7, 8 and 10).
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience supporting printer/scanner and MFC devices.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Managed Service Provider service desk experience
- Entry level certification in Microsoft products and/or hardware vendor approved skills.
- ITIL Foundation certification aware
Typical Duties Include
- First point of contact for clients contacting support.
- Providing BAU 1st line support for end users via telephone, email and customer portal.
- Recording details of the support request in ConnectWise
- Using LIMA IT Toolsets to attempt first time resolution.
- Maintain/update documentation in IT Glue for passwords etc.
- Perform initial customer contact and response to ensure SLA is met.
- Short ticket life expectancy.
- Escalation internally to 2nd line EUC resources where required.
- Escalating to external vendors where required.
- Primary on-call function.
- Pension Scheme LIMA 3% contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO
- Individual training plans
- Well-being days
- Employee suggestion portal
- Quarterly/monthly/yearly employee awards