Head of Customer Success
We’re looking for an ambitious Head of Customer Success who wants to make a real difference to our customer experience. This is a new role that will develop and lead our operational customer relationships from programme delivery through to service management.
Here at LIMA, we’ve been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with market-leading vendors to deliver first-class solutions to the SME market. We’re entering an exciting phase of growth having received significant investment, restructured at Board level, and defined a new strategy. We’re going from strength to strength and are looking to invest in our Operations Team with this new role.
We’re looking for someone who will help drive a customer-centric culture, creating customer advocacy, while also having strong commercial acumen and a strategic mindset.
You must have evidence of providing outstanding customer service, ideally with a passion for technology. A motivated self-starter and a natural problem solver, you’ll thrive in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of high-quality customer technology solutions that deliver business benefits in a matrix managed environment across consulting, engineering services, and support.
As the voice of the Customer within our organisation, you will liaise with and influence internal stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes. So, strong interpersonal skills are critical, as well as having the confidence to challenge decisions, substantiate points you make, and communicate difficult messages clearly and fairly.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will be responsible for ensuring that we drive the overall vision and strategic plan for Customer Success throughout LIMA. This will focus on creating strategic partnerships with customers, driving mutually beneficial outcomes, and ultimately improving retention whilst growing revenue from existing customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading a team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs), improving customer loyalty, issue ownership, and account growth through strategic engagement.
- Ownership of the portfolio of customer projects and other chargeable work, ensuring effective governance, strong pipeline, and resource delivery planning with a focus on cost-effective completion.
- Working closely with sales and technology managers to align strategies, grow existing accounts, and to articulate strategic opportunities.
- Representing the service team during the pre-sales phase; building relationships with prospects and providing responses to tenders when needed.
- Engaging with the Senior Management Team (SMT), communicating service and project KPIs, delivering reports, and owning the service strategy.
- Working with directors and peers to ensure that the customer value chain is always operating to an optimum level, owning customer outcomes from quote through to transition and renewal.
- Planning the resourcing requirements for project management, CSMs, technology consulting, and service, in line with the sales pipeline, to ensure effective revenue recognition and customer service.
- Working with the SMT to manage any acquisition integration.
- Maintaining relationships and strategic engagement with our top five customers.
- Driving improvements in service efficiency and automation.
- Working with sales on account growth outcomes:
- Expanding our revenue in accounts through new sales and up-sell opportunities.
- Influencing future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores.
- Reducing churn and driving new business growth through greater customer advocacy and references.
- Delivering transformational leadership so that the team is highly motivated and engaged. Being an inspirational role model by challenging and maximising the strength of the team and aligning their efforts to the mission and vision of the organisation.
- Addressing escalated client issues with speed and urgency, orchestrating resources across the company as appropriate.
Skills, experience & qualifications
- Experience in leading customer relationship managers, project managers, or service delivery teams.
- Must have experience of managing within customer service or delivery for customer-facing Managed Service Providers (MSPs), consulting or professional services organisations.
- Proven ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives and track successful delivery.
- Possess a strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that inspire and motivate leaders and teams.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering operational excellence, analytical thinking, process development and improvement, problem-solving, communication, delegation, and planning.
- Able to be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Able to collaborate across the organisation and with external stakeholders, previous experiencing co-ordinating resource within a matrix management structure will be desirable.
- Experience in successfully working with senior executives.
- Holds strong operational skills that will drive organisational efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Willing and able to address escalated client issues with speed and urgency.
- Qualifications across ITIL, Project Management, or Lean Six Sigma.
- Experience in working with and implementing ISO2000 and ISO27001 would be desirable.
- A background in implementing and managing IT service and service platforms is essential.
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO