Head of Technology
We’re looking for an ambitious Head of Technology who combines exceptional technical excellence with a customer-centric approach. This is a new role that will be responsible for the management of our technology teams, including professional services and cloud teams.
Here at LIMA, we’ve been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with market-leading vendors to deliver first-class solutions to the SME market. We’re entering an exciting phase of growth having received significant investment, restructured at Board level, and defined a new strategy. We’re going from strength to strength and are looking to invest in our Technical Team with this new role.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this role requires strong leadership capabilities, a broad technical background combined with an ability to motivate and align engineering and support teams to LIMA’s technical strategy and purpose.
You will have a strong desire to do what’s right by our customers, working with our Head of Customer Success to ensure alignment of technical capabilities and culture across the departments. You will support the Head of Customer success, acting as a technical escalation point for service or project related queries assisting the teams with any complex technical decisions and, where necessary, working directly with customers to resolve any necessary escalations.
Having overall responsibility for the successful delivery of LIMA professional services engagements and cloud services, you’ll be expected to understand technical interdependencies, capabilities and manage technically complex situations ensuring that LIMA’s technology strategy is fulfilled through evolution and development of the technology teams.
You will play an essential role in the design and execution of LIMA’s product strategy for the wider technical functions. You will be responsible for ensuring technical readiness across the teams, working with the Cloud and Professional Services Practice leads to implement the skills and resources needed to deliver high quality technical services to our customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage, mentor and develop the leadership and management capabilities of technical practice leads including Cloud.
- Working closely with the CTO, Technical Director and reporting teams to develop new product services and opportunities, aligned to the strategic vision of LIMA and our customers.
- Support the cloud and professional services practice leads in defining skills and resource requirements for the departments, managing personal development plans and the recruitment processes of the teams.
- Assist the technical services, cloud and professional services practice leads in recruiting exceptional talent that aligns to our technical and cultural values.
- Work with the cloud and professional services practice leads to define, maintain and assess the necessary capabilities of the teams in accordance with the technical and quality standards set by the Technical Director.
- Support the Head of Customer Success to instil and maintain a culture of customer first mindset within the technical services departments.
- Act as a point of escalation for customers.
- Working with the Operations Director to drive efficiency improvements within the cloud and Professional Services teams using technology, process and capability for the benefit of customers and LIMA’s competitive advantage.
- Own and develop continuous improvement activities for your areas of responsibility in order to increase quality, efficiency, proactivity, profitability and capabilities across the Professional Services and Service Desk departments.
- Leverage your broad technical knowledge with a creative mindset across LIMA’s product and service portfolio to support and guide the technical teams in complex decisions, project issue resolution and new service development.
- Develop and maintain KPIs across the technical functions.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Excellent leadership and team management skills including the proven ability to recruit, mentor and motivate.
- A strong attitude to delivering customer success and excellence.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills with a willingness to develop open and honest professional relationships.
- A strong work ethic, exhibiting leadership by example.
- Ability to adapt to a frequently-changing and growing environment, which may result in changed priorities or changed job duties.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of LIMA’s technical portfolio, the technical interdependencies and their value to customers.
- Experience of establishing cloud management practices.
- The ability to support the technical teams with complex technical and customer issues.
- Strong experience in identifying and delivering continuous service improvements for your areas of responsibility.
- Proven track record of managing people (direct reports)
- Demonstrable experience of working within a similar Managed Services/Professional Services environment.
Ideally, we’d like you to have technical accreditations or demonstrable experience relevant to LIMA’s solution portfolio including:
- VMware vSphere, NSX, vSAN, vCloud Director
- Microsoft Azure and AWS
- NetApp storage or equivalent
- Citrix and VMware Horizon View
- Networking technologies including Cisco, Cisco Meraki, SD-WAN, Palo Alto
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO