Internal IT Support Technician
We’re looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic IT Support Technician who will provide exceptional IT support for our employees and look after our internal IT infrastructure.
Here at LIMA, we’ve been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with market-leading vendors to deliver first-class solutions to the SME market. We’re entering an exciting phase of growth having received significant investment, restructured at Board level, and defined a new strategy. We’re going from strength to strength and are looking to invest in our Operations Team with this new role.
Our LIMA team must have access to the systems and information they need to provide a great service to our customers, and this role will be instrumental in this. We are looking for someone who loves to make sure that the user gets the best experience possible; a problem solver who is capable, adaptable, and committed to excellent customer service.
The role will be varied and includes monitoring and maintaining our internal IT infrastructure, providing support, creating, and updating procedural documentation, managing our CMDB, and supporting the roll-out of new systems and applications. You’ll also be responsible for new user set up, upgrading existing devices, whilst providing support and training to our end users on products such as Office365, IP telephony, and our business-critical applications.
Whilst our users typically work office hours, occasional out of hours support may be required.
Key responsibilities include:
Usual tasks will consist of but aren’t limited to:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining our internal IT infrastructure.
- Supporting our users either remotely or face-to-face to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Ensuring our procedural documentation is kept up to date.
- Providing service performance reports to management.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles.
- Responding within agreed time limits (our SLA).
- Liaising with/escalating to 3rd parties where required.
- Establishing a good working relationship with our users at all levels.
- Testing and evaluating new technologies.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Demonstrable technical experience in:
- Maintaining a Windows Server based infrastructure (MCSA certified desirable).
- Managing devices using Microsoft EMS solutions.
- Supporting users in a Microsoft Windows based environment.
- Deploying new applications to users.
- Evidence of training users individually and as a group.
- You should be a logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working effectively in a team as well as independently, where necessary.
- Customer-focused and empathetic to user requirements.
- Ability to manage and prioritise your workload.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO