LIMA have been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services across a range of sectors and industries. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with some of the leading vendors in the world to deliver outstanding solutions to the SME market.
We are entering the next exciting phase of growth having recently defined a new strategy, restructured at Board level and taken on external investment which has led to this defined role that will be instrumental in helping us achieve our goals.
A Presales Architect is a key member of LIMA’s Presales function forming part of the wider Professional Services team. Reporting to the Technical Director, a Presales Architect is responsible for the identification of technical solutions which address strategic business challenges for our customers. Working closely with customers and our Sales, Project Management and Engineering teams you will develop ideas and concepts into tangible deliverable solutions that have the potential to transform our customers businesses.
Responsibilities and accountabilities
You will undertake a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
- Accurately gather client needs, translating business requirements into defined IT objectives, taking into account all aspects of the requirements including budget, technical and strategic.
- Own and develop a suitable solution from LIMA’s portfolio to meet the client requirements in accordance with LIMA’s solution architecture and delivery methodologies.
- Present your solutions, their suitability and benefits up to and including C level executives.
- Consistently develop knowledge of current and future products and technologies, to develop a solution that is competitive, highlighting differentiators of LIMA’s solutions compared to competition.
- Own and develop continuous improvement activities for your areas of responsibility in order to increase quality, efficiency, proactivity, profitability and capabilities across the Professional Services department.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to the wider Presales team in order to develop and achieve consistent levels of customer excellence through high performance.
- Own the technical lifecycle of the solution from Presales through to Service transition acting as a point of escalation for the delivery teams and customer for any technical solution deviations.
This job description is not exhaustive; you may be expected to carry out additional duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in solving business challenges through the use of technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication capabilities, enabling clear and concise use of language, to articulate the value of LIMA’s solutions and how they address customer challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of LIMA’s Cloud solutions and service portfolio, and its value to customers. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure and 365 is essential.
- Experience in mentoring and talent development.
- Experience of Prince2 project delivery methodology.
- A clear focus with strong experience in always delivering excellence to LIMA customers (internal and external).
- Strong experience in identifying and delivering continuous service improvements for your areas of responsibility.
- Technical accreditations relevant to Microsoft Azure, 365 and AWS services.
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO