Second line end user support
About LIMA Networks
LIMA have been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services across a range of sectors and industries. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with some of the leading vendors in the world to deliver outstanding solutions to the SME market.
We are entering the next exciting phase of growth having recently defined a new strategy, restructured at Board level and taken on external investment which has led to this defined role that will be instrumental in helping us achieve our goals.
The second line end user support team receives incidents that cannot be resolved immediately by the first line end user support team. If required second line will request and perform remote diagnostic tasks with vendor support organisations, or from internal resources. The primary objective of the role is to restore a failing/failed service as quickly as possible with a secondary objective of assisting first liners in their duties.
You will have had strong experience in end user device support ranging from desktops/laptops to tablets and mobile phones. A solid working knowledge of how systems such as Group Policy, WSUS, SCCM etc. operate is essential at this level to troubleshoot devices and exposure to cloud systems such as Microsoft InTune would be highly advantageous.
You will demonstrate a strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development including potential progression to one of our specialist teams; apps, networks, infrastructure, monitoring, solutions or installations.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a 2nd line support role
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with non-technical customers.
- Understanding of ITIL methodology.
- Strong experience supporting the following:
- Microsoft Windows client operating systems.
- Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Android and Apple devices (phones and tablets).
- Imaging and deployments services (WDS, SCCM, InTune).
- Management of AD, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy.
- Printing/Scanning and MFC devices.
- Third party applications (Sage and other bespoke applications).
- Strong Managed Service Provider service desk experience.
- Associate and/or Professional level certification in Microsoft products and/or some hardware vendor accreditation.
- ITIL Foundation certification aware
Typical Duties Include
- Point of escalation for the 1st line team end user support team , and provide BAU 2nd line support via telephone, email and customer portal.
- Overflow point for telephone calls in the event of a busy desk.
- Fast response, resolution or escalation of incidents with an emphasis on customer service.
- Informal mentoring/training of 1st line support teams.
- Maintain/update documentation in IT Glue for passwords etc.
- Conduct further investigation against the requirement for support for clients.
- Identify underlining support trends and suggest permanent fixes to eradicate repeat faults from occurring.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards.
- On-call function.
- Pension Scheme LIMA 3% contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO
- Individual training plans
- Well-being days
- Employee suggestion portal
- Quarterly/monthly/yearly employee awards