Third Line Application Engineer
LIMA have been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services across a range of sectors and industries. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with some of the leading vendors in the world to deliver outstanding solutions to the SME market.
We are entering the next exciting phase of growth having recently defined a new strategy, restructured at Board level and taken on external investment which has led to this defined role that will be instrumental in helping us achieve our goals.
You will have had strong experience installing and/or supporting multiple of the following technologies: Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft RDS/Citrix, VMware, cloud services such as O365 and Azure, and also have a solid understanding of compute, storage and networking principles. You will be comfortable speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and confident to ask senior team members for assistance in order to ensure customer SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development including potential progression to one of our specialist teams; apps, networks, infrastructure, monitoring, solutions or installations.
The Third Line Support team will be the escalation point for incident tickets raised from First and Second Line. Incident tickets in Third Line have the potential to be long standing/semi project type tickets. If required Third Line will request and perform remote diagnostic tasks with vendor support organisations. Third Line may also seek advice/guidance from the solutions team or solutions architects for long standing tickets. Third Line will act as knowledge guardians ensuring that accurate documentation is gathered when onboarding or re-onboarding customers. Approximately 10% of tickets should reach Third Line for resolution.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a Third Line Support role
- Installation/Technical Engineering/Project experience
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Strong understanding of ITIL methodology.
- Strong experience supporting, and potentially certification, in a wide range of technologies.
- Specialism in one of the following areas: Cloud, Applications, Network, Infrastructure, Virtualisation or Storage.
- Strong Managed Service Provider service desk experience.
- Data centre experience.
- Professional and/or Expert level certification in one or more fields. Cisco networking/Virtualisation/Microsoft applications etc.
- ITIL Foundation certification aware
Typical duties include:
- Point of escalation for the First and Second Line Support teams. BAU Third Line Support for high level technical issues. Support project tasks where required.
- Overflow point for telephone calls in the event of a busy/undermanned desk (undermanned as in early/late shift).
- Informal mentoring/training of 2nd line support teams.
- Maintain/update documentation in IT Glue for passwords etc.
- Creation of support documentation.
- Identify underlining support trends and suggest permanent fixes to eradicate repeat faults from occurring.
- Specialists in a technology stream. Infrastructure, Applications or Networks (or a combination of).
- Contribute to the MIM/RCA process.
- Creation and approval of RFCs.
- Augment solutions team if they are unavailable. Site visits, DC visits etc.
- Perform technical onboarding duties as required.
- Work with the solutions team and solutions architects on client deployments to ensure any knowledge gaps are identified and training undertaken.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards.
- On-call function.
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO