Third Line Infrastructure Engineer
LIMA have been solving business challenges since 1997, through the design and delivery of award-winning IT solutions and services across a range of sectors and industries. From infrastructure and cloud solutions to managed service and support, we work with some of the leading vendors in the world to deliver outstanding solutions to the SME market.
We are entering the next exciting phase of growth having recently defined a new strategy, restructured at Board level and taken on external investment which has led to this defined role that will be instrumental in helping us achieve our goals.
You will also have had strong experience installing and/or supporting multiple of the following technologies and vendors: Cisco UCS compute, HP/Dell compute, VMware including vSAN and NSX, Hyper-V, NetApp and cloud services such as Azure/AWS. You will be comfortable speaking to clients on the telephone or via email and confident to ask senior team members for assistance in order to ensure customer SLAs are adhered to. You must be able to work to deadlines and adapt priorities according to business needs.
You will demonstrate your strong passion and ambition by working to continually improve yourself and develop your skills and experience. In return LIMA will invest in internal and external training, offer a clear progression path for your future and career development.
The Third Line Support team will be the escalation point for incident tickets raised from First and Second Line. Incident tickets in Third Line have the potential to be long standing/semi project type tickets. If required Third Line will request and perform remote diagnostic tasks with vendor support organisations. Third Line may also seek advice/guidance from the Solutions team or Solutions Architects for long standing tickets. Third Line will act as knowledge guardians ensuring that accurate documentation is gathered when onboarding or re-onboarding customers.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience supporting the majority of the following Technologies:
- Cisco UCS compute hardware
- HP/Dell compute hardware
- NetApp storage appliances
- Tegile storage appliances
- VMware – vCenter, vSAN, NSX and more
- Hyper-V and other MS products
- Core Networking Principles
- Backup Technologies – Veeam primarily
- Azure/AWS IaaS and tenancy administrations
- Skills to have included troubleshooting and upgrades/release management.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Understanding of ITIL methodology.
- Strong documentation capability.
- MSP background
- Project/implementation of the technologies mentioned above
- VMware VCP preferred
- NetApp NCIE/NCSE preferred
- Experience supporting Software Defined DC Technologies (VMware NSX)
- Cisco route/switch fundamentals
- Cloud (Azure/AWS) fundamentals
Typical duties include:
- Point of escalation for the First and Second Line Support teams. BAU Third Line Support for high level technical issues. Support project tasks where required.
- Overflow point for telephone calls in the event of a busy/undermanned desk (undermanned as in early/late shift).
- Informal mentoring/training of Second Line Support teams.
- Maintain/update documentation in IT Glue for passwords etc.
- Creation of support documentation.
- Creation and approval of RFCs.
- Investigating problems and providing root cause analysis.
- Working to deadlines and multiple SLAs across a number of incidents.
- On-call rota.
- Perform Release Management.
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Weekly fresh fruit delivery
- Regular company/team and charity social events
- Access to Manchester Arena Prime Seat tickets
- Dress down Friday
- Have your birthday off
- Death in Service policy
- Free eye tests
- Departmental lunches with CEO